1. The Promoter of this prize draw is Carrington Dean Limited of 76 Renfield St,
Glasgow G2 1NQ.
2. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years except employees of
the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with
administration of the prize draw.
3. Existing customers of the Promoter who are subject to a Trust Deed or Debt
Arrangement Scheme (in Scotland) will be automatically entered in to the
4. The prize draw is free to enter and entrants are not required to enter in to any
arrangement with the Promoter.
5. Individuals who are not existing customers of the Promoter will be entered in
to the prize draw upon satisfactorily completing in full the Promoter’s debt
advice application form and upon having an initial entry/Personal details
verification call and opting in to the prize draw on the Promoter’s website
www.carringtondean.com. The information contained in the Application Form
must be true in all material respects for an individual to be entitled to entry in
to the prize draw and only one entry per person is permitted. The Promoter’s
decision whether the Application Form has been satisfactorily completed in full
shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
Individuals do not need to qualify for any product provided by the Promoter in
order to be entered in to the prize draw.
6. The opening date for entries is 9am on 9th September 2019. The closing date
of the prize draw is 1st December at 11.59pm. Entries received after this time
will not be considered.
7. If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure occurs when
applying online, the Promoter does not take any responsibility for incomplete
applications and any incomplete applications will not be considered valid for
entry into the prize draw. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any
applications which are not completed for any reason.
8. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on
4th December 2019.
9. The winner will receive an amount equal to the total value of unsecured debts
contained on the Application Form submitted to the Promoter when entering
the prize draw or, in the case of existing customers, the total value of their
unsecured debts upon entering in to their Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement
Scheme (in Scotland).
10. The Promoter shall be entitled to verify the validity of any unsecured debts
contained on a winner’s Application Form by requesting copies of credit, loan,
hire-purchase or other such agreements, statements of account, or other such
vouching (the said list being indicative, not exhaustive).
11. In the event that the winner is subject to a Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement
Scheme (in Scotland) that is administered by the Promoter, the Promoter’s
insolvency practitioners will be required to inform the winner’s creditors of the
payment and may have to negotiate new terms with those creditors.
12. In the event that the winner is subject to an Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement
Scheme (in Scotland) that is administered by the Promoter, the Promoter may
in the first instance apply the prize funds towards payment of that customer’s
creditors up to a limit of the amount necessary to satisfy their debts plus any
statutory interest and costs required to discharge the Trust Deed or Debt
13. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at
entry) before 11th December 2019 and must provide a postal address to claim
their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 14 days of
being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the
Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the
process described above.
14. A winner who is not subject to an Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement Scheme
(in Scotland) administered by the Promoter shall be required to carry out
annual reviews of the winner’s financial position with the Promoter for a period
of 5 years in order to claim their prize. The winner shall provide all information
reasonably required by the Promoter to assess the winner’s finances and
provide debt advice at these annual reviews. Failure to comply with this
paragraph 14 shall result in the prize being repayable to the Promoter
15. The prize will be sent to the winner by cheque by post and/or applied to their
Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement Scheme (as applicable) within 5 days of the
later of the winner notifying the Promoter that they wish to claim the prize and
the Promoter receiving and being satisfied with the validity of the winner’s
16. The prize for the winner is non-transferable.
17. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final
and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries which it deems, at its
sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the promotion and any prize if
awarded must be returned immediately. In particular, the Promoter may deny
entry where it reasonably decides, based on the Application Form, that an
entrant is not genuinely seeking debt advice.
19. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending an email
to email@example.com within 14 days after the date of the
closing date of the prize draw. These details will only be provided once a
winner opts to claim the prize in accordance with paragraph 13 of these
20. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these
terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse
entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the
promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
22. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw
which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
23. The prize draw will be governed by Scots law and entrants to the prize draw
agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.