1. The Promoter of this prize draw is Carrington Dean Limited of 76 Renfield St, Glasgow G2 1NQ.
2. The title of the competition is “The Big Debt Payoff”. The competition is operated by Carrington Dean and gives entrants the chance to win having their unsecured debts paid off.
3. The prize draw is open to Scottish residents aged 18 years and above except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw. By entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
4. The prize draw is open to entrants who are currently subject to a Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement Scheme (in Scotland) which is administered by the Promoter. Existing clients of the Promoter are eligible to enter the prize draw upon the satisfactory completion of the entry form on the Promoter’s website www.thebigdebtpayoff.co.uk. Those who require help with entries should contact, firstname.lastname@example.org. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. The prize draw is not open to entrants who are subject to a Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS) that is not administered by the Promoter. These entries will not be considered valid for entry into the prize draw.
6. The prize draw is free to enter and entrants are not required to enter any debt arrangement with the Promoter.
7. Entrants who are not existing clients of the Promoter will be entered into the prize draw upon the satisfactory completion of the entry form on the Promoter’s website www.thebigdebtpayoff.co.uk. The information contained in the entry form must be true in all material respects for an individual to be entitled to enter the prize draw and only one entry per person is permitted. The Promoter’s decision whether the entry form has been satisfactorily completed in full shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it. Individuals do not need to qualify for any product provided by the Promoter in order to be entered into the prize draw.
8. Entrants who are not existing clients of the Promoter may receive a free, no obligation debt advice call from a Carrington Dean representative. Entry into the competition is not dependent on entrants participating in the debt advice call or engaging with a Carrington Dean representative. The opening date for entries is 12am on 29th January 2022. The closing date of the prize draw is 11.59pm on 23rd April 2022. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
9. If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure occurs when applying online, the Promoter does not take any responsibility for incomplete entries and any incomplete entries will not be considered valid for entry into the prize draw. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries which are not completed for any reason.
10. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process no later than 29th April 2022.
11. The winner will receive an amount equal to the total value of unsecured debts contained on the entry form submitted to the Promoter when entering the prize draw or, in the case of existing clients, the total value of their unsecured debts upon entering into their Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement Scheme (in Scotland).
12. The Promoter will be entitled to verify the validity of any unsecured debts contained on a winner’s entry form by requesting copies of credit, loan, hire-purchase or other such agreements, statements of account, or other such vouching (the said list being indicative, not exhaustive).
13. In the event that the winner is subject to a Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement Scheme (in Scotland) that is administered by the Promoter, the Promoter’s insolvency practitioners will be required to inform the winner’s creditors of the payment and may have to negotiate new terms with those creditors.
14. In the event that the winner is subject to a Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement Scheme (in Scotland) that is administered by the Promoter, the Promoter may in the first instance apply the prize funds towards payment of that client’s creditors up to a limit of the amount necessary to satisfy their debts plus any statutory interest and costs required to discharge the Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement Scheme.
15. In the event the winner is subject to a Trust Dreed or Debt Arrangement Scheme (in Scotland) that is not administered by the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the entry and select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
16. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) by 13th May 2022 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
17. The prize will be sent to the winner by cheque by post and/or applied to their Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement Scheme (as applicable) within 5 days of the later of the winner notifying the Promoter that they wish to claim the prize and the Promoter receiving and being satisfied with the validity of the winner’s unsecured debts.
18. The prize for the winner is non-transferable.
19. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries which it deems, at its sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the promotion and any prize if awarded must be returned immediately. In particular, the Promoter may deny entry where it reasonably decides, based on the entry form, that an entrant does not genuinely hold applicable unsecured debts.
21. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within 21 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw. These details will only be provided once a winner opts to claim the prize in accordance with paragraph 16 of these terms.
22. The winner’s name, photograph and county will be published on the competition website following the closure of the competition and may be used in publicity related to the prize draw.
23. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
24. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents, or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
25. All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
27. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
29. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
30. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of Scotland and entrants to the prize draw agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.